Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Weave poles are a blast!

Wow! What can I say? Jack and I have started learning the weave poles for agility. Whether we compete or not, Jack enjoys the running, jumping, and climbing that goes with agility. We started training a while back in the back yard. I have built a couple of jumps and acquired a PVC-set of weave poles that comes apart in sections.

I have started him with just two poles. I set him up with the poles in front of him, one to the left and the other to his right. The hard part is letting him figure it out by himself. I don't talk to him or prompt him in any way. That is really hard! Finally, after about 15 minutes, Jack walked between the poles and I clicked and treated him for that! Yippee!! After he walked through the poles again and again, getting clicked and treated, he started running through them to get the click and treat! Wow!

Now we will try it again tomorrow and see if he remembers. This is fun!

Walking in Obedience!

No comments:

Post a Comment